So E3 happened, and I am feeling quite warm and fuzzy with the afterglow. It’s nice to be excited about upcoming game developments after a few years of not very much happening in the all-important area of games that I like.
Here’s what has my heart pumping:
Just because it shits all over the new Xbox. Oh, and this awesome burn:
Though, as usual, we here in Aussie Land get shafted with game console pricing. $399US, but $549AU. Whut what?!
Bayonetta 2 (Wii U)
My initial feelings when the first announcement was made that the Bayonetta sequel would be on Wii U and not PS3 were mixed. I always feel a bit weird when a franchise moves from one console to another. I think it’s a slightly OCD thing about liking things in order. Nevertheless, I loved the first game so much, I still wanted to get it.
However the latest trailer from Nintendo has me all a-quiver, and my tiny doubts have been washed away with feelings of lust and desire. See for yourself:
The Order: 1886 (PS4)
One word drew me to this game: Steampunk. Then I added some more words after watching the exciting trailer: Steampunk, werewolves and Tesla guns, oh my! You’re with me, right?
Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS)
The announcement of a sequel to A Link to the Past is just the boost I need to get my butt into gear and play it. I have it on Virtual Console on the Wii, so I have no excuse!
The video trailer for A Link Between Worlds looks like great fun – and if I got by any of the previous handheld Zelda titles, this will be fantastic on the 3DS:
Dragon Age Inquisition (PS4)
It’s like Bioware heard me say just the other day, “I hope they put out a new Dragon Age soon.”
Well according to the trailer, it will not be out until next year, but I’m happy to wait. Time taken, means a better game. Better than Dragon Age 2 I hope!
Anyway, what do you think? I love Claudia Black’s narration. Morrigan rocks! No sign of my lover, Alistair though…
Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty (Nintendo eShop, PS4)
I don’t even need to read or view anything about this to know I want it. I just want it! Oh wait, it’s a remake. I’ll just put this here as a recommendation to people who haven’t played it then! I was just saying to my husband tonight that I am all for buying remakes if I haven’t played the original, but if I have, I won’t. However, I have to say the Oddworld games were such a novel concept back in the late 90s, and I was pretty stoked with myself for saving all 100 Mudokons – if you want to try something different, I reckon this remake will be fantastic.
Here’s the official trailer from the Oddworld site:
Other exciting games that I was already excited about:
- The Last of Us – adventures in a post-apocalyptic dystopian world, courtesy of Naughty Dog in Uncharted-esque graphical gameplay glory? I think yes. Preordered the Joel Edition, should be arriving any day now.
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf – so hanging out for bitchy animals and daily chores! Preordered with special figurines, will be at the game shop first thing on Saturday morning!
- Assassin’s Creed IV – I heard today you can steer the boat. SOLD.
- Pokemon X/Y (LOL I typed that as “Poxemon” – I hope that’s not a sign!!) – I nearly caught them all in White 2, so I am feeling the Pokemon love again.
- Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker remake – haven’t played the original so I can go straight to the remake.
- Ace Attorney 5 – I never tire of my favourite spikey-haired lawyer, Phoenix Wright!
What had you gasping with excitement, post-E3? Let me know in the comments!